Monday, December 27, 2010

DOP-Mii v15,WiiBrew Edition v15, and Library v1.3 Released

Update: Some users were having issues which appear to be caused by me building the project incorrectly. I've re-uploaded  the releases on Google Code which are now built correctly. If you were one of the majority whom had problems downloading from NUS, please go re-download DOP-Mii. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Some last minute testing delayed the release a day longer than I wished but at least I'm confident in it enough now to finally release it.

Here's the changelog:
  • [Main and WBE] Fixed a bug caused by libogc 1.8.5 causing syscheck to crash. This was fixed mostly by compiling under libogc 1.8.6 and so far no crashes from syscheck have been spotted by lukegb, myself, or several testers.
  • [All Builds] Fixed a bug caused by libogc 1.8.5 which disabled our Wiimote LED blinking.
  • [All Builds] Fixed a bug causing some SD/USB WAD installations to fail.
Now, if there are finally no more bugs, I can get back to working on expanding the list of features of DOP-Mii. If there are still a few lingering, let me know ASAP as usual as I finally have free time to fix them fast.

Download: http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/downloads/list
Source: http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/source/checkout

IRC Channel: #arikadosblog on EFNET
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OArikadoO

If you can, please support this and my other projects by donating via the Chip-In widget to the right of this page. Donations are used to buy development tools and to help yours truly survive in college. Christmas donation anyone? (:

23 comments:

  1. Cool! :D
    Great work, Arikado! ;)
    Could you please just tell us what are those "expanding list of features" that you are going to introduce in DOP-Mii next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would if I knew myself :) I have a lot of ideas, I'm sure what I'll get around to first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short version of my list:
    *WAD Manager
    *Savegame Manager
    *One-Click Shop Channel Update Function
    *Adapt the fakesign restore function to install to any slot so it doesnt have to be IOS 36

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any updates on using ALLEGRO for RBWii?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's work to be done (tm) on ALLEGRO before I can continue working on RBWii. I'm having trouble finding the time to do it. Another developer or two on the project would be nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arikado,
    Thank you for the update. It's been a long time since I was in school...how you find the time is a feat in itself!
    A future feature suggestion if I may...and even though you can find this capability in other tools...it would truly extend DOP-Mii into the Swiss Army Knife of Wii apps... The ability to patch the system menu...(update blocking, disc update blocking, etc.)

    Thanks again...and take it from me...it's great to have passion, but don't let it get in the way of your studies. Your passion will always be there, but school is less forgiving. Basically, I am trying to say if it's a choice between keeping all these projects going and school. Let school win!

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, thank you. Im on break for the next 3 weeks so Im trying to get as much done as I can. System Menu patching is indeed another thing I want to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Arikado, someone has to ask so..
    Whats the skinny on DesmumeWii??.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll find out "officially" soon. If your sleuthing skills are up to stuff there's already quite a bit of news (and a video) floating around the net on it as of earlier today,

    ReplyDelete
  10. come on Arikado you can't keep us hanging :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah but I can't have all the media attacking me either when there's still a fair bit of work to do (tm)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok I understand, how
    about a cryptic clue?? lol

    But if not good luck on what needs doing and hope you release soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I could give any less of a cryptic clue than "The Truth Is Out There" without giving it away. Sorry :) And thanks :) I would release today if it was ready, obviously ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is pretty cryptic....
    I'm never going to get that so I think I'll leave it there :P
    but before I go.....

    My first is in P but not in Canoe. What am I??
    (Frankie Boyle)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey all, please see the update made to this post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HeY Arikado.......I'm reporting you for your bad language and you have no right for banning me. You have 2 things 2 do.
    1-Close The ISSUES Page.
    2-Apologize for you Bad Words.

    J............


    E...





    Can you figure it out?
    R.......................



    K


    I'm A Secret man.
    Can you figure Who Am I?


    Hint: I'm your worst nightmare.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your name is Ridhwan Al-Debsi. You're somwhere between 12 and 16 years old. Here is your photo: http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs726.ash1/161826_100000297223216_8168945_n.jpg . You spammed my google code repos, of course I'll do my best to have you banned. I'm not even remotely afraid of you, do your worst.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aha "worst nightmare" kids these days...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish I was able to extend on posts I already posted but, I'm still having the code dump on SysCheck should it be happening?

    ReplyDelete
  20. It shouldnt be happening but a lot of people have that problem. Investigation is ongoing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've had syscheck code dump also, depending on which IOS I load. If it doesn't code dump, it hangs on IOS28 indefinitely. DOP-Mii v13 syscheck works fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, libogc messed up syscheck so thats why it works fine in v13 and not v15. I'm rewriting it from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for all your efforts on this great app.

    ReplyDelete