Wednesday, June 3, 2009

E3 Encouragement

Whenever I watch or hear about all the new games at E3, I can't help but feel a longing to get back to work on my stuff. Does anyone else feel that way?

Sure, the new trailers, demos, news, release notices, and hype is awesome. But times like these help me remember why I started programming: To make great games. Sure, I have come with anything truly "great" yet (my HOME menu lib is my best work so far) but after watching E3 I'm stoked to get back to work on my stuff and make something truly "great".

I returned to WSG last night and got two important features into it (finally); The ability to save your preferences (the options you like) and the background music option that lets you play one of three tracks of background music or no background music at all. Suffice to say, I'm spending the rest of today working on WSG as well.

Perhaps some of this encouragement I'm felling is also created by the idea that I can probably make better stuff than some of the stuff that was shown at E3 :P (Vitality sensor and Murder Book Club for instance) But I think it really stems from the feeling of excitement of games in general.

With all this new hardware and technology right now, it is undoubtedly a great time to be a gamer, but it's an even better time to be a programmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment