Saturday, May 30, 2009

E3 2009 Predictions

I literally just realized that E3 is in a couple of days. I also just realized I won't be able to watch it live this year since I'll be in school :( Seriously, why couldn't they have had the event a couple weeks later like they always do?

Where was I? Oh yes:

Now since I run a gaming related website, I think I'm technically forced to make my predictions. I'm only going to predict what's going to come out of Nintendo's booth because, quite frankly, I could care less about Microsoft and Sony just had (almost?) their whole conference leaked.

So, without further delay, here they are:
  • Nintendo will finally "officially" reveal a new Kid Icarus game. Seriously, it's one of the industry's worst kept secrets that Retro Studios has been working on this for quite some time.
  • Nintendo will reveal a new IP for another casual game (starring Miis) that no one cares about. It might come with another plastic peripheral you don't need.
  • Cammie Dunaway will feign interest in products she would've never heard of if she didn't work for Nintendo.
  • Reggie Fils-Aime will gloat about Nintendo's sales records.
  • A new star fox game will be revealed for Wii starring motion controls that overshadow a "traditional" control scheme (that will end up being everyone's faveorite control scheme :P).
  • A Pikmin 3 teaser will be shown off.
  • Disaster: Day of Crisis will be heading to North America.
  • At least two new "Play on Wii" games (Luigis Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine I bet)
  • Nintendo will reveal Super Smash Bros. for DSi.
  • Nintendo will reveal a new 2D Metroid game for DSi.
  • Nintendo will reveal some sort of virtual console for the DSi.
  • Earthbound will finally be released on the Virtual Console.
  • A new console/portable will be hinted about.

No comments:

Post a Comment