Saturday, October 17, 2009

Where this blog is going

So yeah, I've been neglecting the blog a bit lately. I pretty much all but ignored the Wii's 4.2 update and haven't given a thorough status report on how fixing Dop-IOS MOD is coming along (both of these exist elsewhere on the internet though)

Anyways, the main reason for blog neglect (like all other blogs) is a lack of time on my part. I have limited computer time and would rather spend it making something than writing about something. Releasing something is also hassling enough without having to note the release on the blog as well. Really, this neglect could I guess be considered laziness on my part as well as (but not as much as) my lack of time.

Anyways, I'm pleased to make some announcements regarding this blog and new content which will be appearing shortly:

Computers
Computers will be a new section of the blog (along with coding and Wii/PSP homebrew, etc.) focused on, well, computers. The reasoning behind this is that I'm getting my first very own computer in about 8 or 9 days and I intend to write about what I do with it and why. Of course, there will also be informational posts about how computers work and such. Since everything on this blog revolves around computers in some way, this new section seems appropriate.

Detailed posts about low level Wii coding
Working on Dop-IOS MOD (especially v7) has taught me a LOT about the Wii's inner working's that I didn't know before. Most importantly, it taught me how to interact with all of these different things as a programmer. I'll be compiling all of the knowledge I gaiend into a few very detailed posts and sharing it with everyone.

Game Programming
My main passion in life is game programming. Game programming is vastly different than any other kind of programming task. Irregardless of what platform its done on, all game programming encapsulates the same fundamental ideas. I'll be using some of my existing games to demonstrate these fundamanetal concepts and hopefully turn us all into better game programmers.

Enjoy the ride guys! And feel free to send me your ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! All three of these categories are really being looked forward to!

    ReplyDelete