Friday, July 31, 2009

The Shoutbox

If you'll look to the right of the page, I've added a new feature to the site underneath the "Get Help Directly from Arikado" gadget. It's a shoutbox from freeshoutbox.net It's basically like a real time guest book (called a mini chat room by some).

You can register an account and leave a message, or you can leave a message anonymously as a guest under an unregistered nickname. To register an account with my shoutbox, click the + button and register a nickname and password. Registering with the shoutbox prevents other users from using or registering your nickname.

Overall, it's a great addition to my site. If you have any questions about homebrew/hacking, leave a message and I will eventually get back to you in the shoutbox. This is also makes the shoutbox an opportunity for readers to help readers. And of course, feel free to just stop in and say "Hi" to let everyone know you exist. Maybe we can eventually get some good coding/hacking discussions going.

There aren't really any "rules" except no spamming. Which reminds me; I can ban anyone permanently and/or delete their messages with a single click of my mouse. I can also appoint other moderators and administrators, so if you'd like to help out monitoring the shoutbox, let me know.

One last note, if you'd like to view the shoutbox in a larger area, click the white underlined lettering "Shoutbox" on the top of the shoutbox.

That's about it. Happy messaging/chatting/shoutboxing/whateveryouwanttocallit.

No comments:

Post a Comment