Thursday, June 4, 2009

Seriously, who the hell falls for this crap?

I just took a look through my spam box, and some of the messages that ask you for money or personal information are downright laughable. Heres one I just got:

My Dear Friend,

I am Mr.Fabrice Dosomu,The Auditor in charge of Foreign Remmitance Department of Hallmark Bank Benin in the Commercial city of Cotonou,Benin Republic.

This is a very confidential proposition for you.On July 21st 2003,an Importer of Textiles and Automobiles for the past Thirteen years,Mr.ORLANDO GERLOFF made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months,valued at Six million seven hundred thousand United States Dollars (US$6.7musd) in my branch.

Upon maturity on July 20th 2004 as his Credit Officer,I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply.

After a month,we sent a reminder and finally I discovered from his employees,that Mr. GERLOFF was one of the passengers who died with his entire family in the ill-fated plane crashboeing 727 Chartered Flight that took off from Cotonou Benin Republic and crashed into Atlantic Ocean on thursday 25th december 2003.

Please Visit http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3348109.stm for the crash details
Again,I made further investigation and discovered that Mr.GERLOFF did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official documents,with my Bank.

According to the International Banking ethics,codes and Laws,at the expiration of six (6) years,the money will revert to the ownership of the Benin Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

Consequently,my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to Mr.ORLANDO GERLOFF.

Upon your response,I shall then provide you with more details and relevant informations.

I must not fail to tell you that this transaction is totally risk free and legitimate.

I Awaiting your urgent reply.

Mr.Fabrice Dosomu.


Like they really want a random American coder under the age of eighteen with his email address posted in a few places to help them claim a huge some of money :P

5 comments:

  1. I like the part at the end "I must not fail to tell you that this transaction is totally risk free and legitimate."


    Bull crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know right? I personally like the tons of spelling, grammer, and punctuation errors littered throughout the letter.

    My favorite part is this:
    "Upon maturity on July 20th, 2004..."

    It sounds like hes saying "The day I reached sexual maturity..." Also, look at the old date rofl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the whole basis is just unbelievable. It takes real idiots to fall for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah i got this e-mail too and just cant believe someone makes this kinda shit up. Seriously, who's gonna fall for this? not me anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, agreed; The only thing more pathetic than the people who write this are the people who fall for it :-P

    ReplyDelete